Plant Obsolescence: Threat Assessment and Mitigation
Managing the maintenance of an aging North American nuclear fleet is a challenge every person working in the industry is aware of. But which obsolete components represent the largest threat to your organization?
Amidyne’s Obsolescence Threat Assessment and Mitigation Service can help you assess where your real obsolescence threats are, and help you mitigate those threats.
This service will help you assess the quality of your Bill of Material (or Material Equipment List), then prioritize the obsolete components by level of threat to your plant. Our service will help you focus on the 20% of the components that are the real threat to the health of your system, rather than the 80% that don’t threaten your survival.
Once the obsolescence threats are prioritized, our service can help you assess the most cost effective solutions on a product-by-product basis, looking at all available alternatives:
- Locating a supply of components that have not been used and still have proper paperwork establishing their pedigree.
- Finding a substitute that is close enough to the original that an item equivalency can be done.
- If a similar product cannot be found then a change will have to be made to the system, and an engineering modification will have to be done.
- Repair / Refurbishment of the equipment at a component level
- Reverse Engineer the original product so that a component identical to the original can be manufactured.
The most cost-effective and time-effective solution will be recommended as a path forward to mitigate the threat of a plant shutdown.